empire-of-the-crystal

Want a FREE Breaking Bad T-Shirt?

GeekZenith is giving away 3 entirely awesome Breaking Bad t-shirts! Want one? Then head over to The Great GeekZenith Give Away Page and follow the 3 easy steps to enter.

IT Crowd Series 5 Could Be the Last…

The It Crowd

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?”

The IT Crowd creator, Graham Linehan, has just destroyed my life. Arguably the funniest British comedy of recent times, the show is set to end after one more series.

The show first aired in 2006 and I was a fan immediately, but that was hardly surprising. I’ve been a fan of Linehan’s work for many years with Father Ted, I’m Alan Partridge and Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace a collection of my all time favourite comedy shows of all time. The IT Crowd was no exception.

Linehan recently caused a stir on the interwebs by becoming a master mind of a Twitter hoax regarding Osama Bin Laden and the terrorists unbridled love for the IT Crowd.

“I think one more series to really say goodbye to the characters and the fans. I’m not rushing into it because I don’t want it to be a zombie series where the show is dead but its body is still moving around.”

What did you think of the show? Are you sad to see it go? Please let us know in the comment section below!

via Chortle

Already missing the IT Crowd? Already in mourning? Then check out these awesome DVD deals:

Or for our UK readers, you can get a box set of the entire 4 series for just £22.47!

Check out these related posts of interest::

30 Responses to IT Crowd Series 5 Could Be the Last…

1. GuiltEdge says:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :(

2. Gonzo says:

That has genuinely upset me…but at least they’re getting one more season out of it.

3. Jean says:

It is a shame that such a great show reach it’s end, i would like to see at least one or two more seasons.

4. Mark says:

You’re a poet and you know it.

5. James says:

This is absolutely terrible to hear!

The IT Crowd is one of my favorite shows and the fact that it has the shortest season of just about any show out there, this especially sucks.

6. The Master of Awesomeness says:

I know. Sad news :(

7. Nus says:

I’m really sad to see it end but I hope that means it ends at its best.

8. Anonymous says:

Linehan, not Lineham.

9. The Master of Awesomeness says:

Thanks! Fixed!

10. Gregor63 says:

I really enjoy the show. I have been watching the show (legally) on the web. I’m glad to hear that there are more seasons then just the three available to me (legally).

This news hurts me…here ….here….and somewhere else which I don’t want to talk about. That being said I have enjoyed all the episodes so far.

11. Jack says:

Hardly surpising chris (roy) is in major blockbusters ocer in america now

12. The Master of Awesomeness says:

Yes, I believe he’s just been cast in a Knocked Up spin-off, which is set to focus on Leslie Mann and Paul Rudd’s characters.

13. JL says:

Well, it is sad news indeed but I like the reasoning behind it. I’d rather have a show finished at the peak of its popularity than watching it slowly become worse and ultimately losing interest in it.

14. herecomespedro says:

saddddddddddddddd

but he is right. I prefer to have a wonderful end with the saison 5 instread of 10 seasons with nothing inside…

15. Richard says:

That’s too bad… they always end the good shows… :(

16. j.reme says:

make more pllleeeeeeaaaaasee!! =(

17. mr.foo says:

It’s terrible. I don’t remember when i was laughing my ass off that often, as I did when I watched IT-Crowd. The story is damn true, the characters well chosen and of cause it is funny. Does anyone of you have at least one reason to NOT keep that series on air?

18. Rich says:

I have been waiting forever for season 5. I can’t wait for it to air!

19. kent says:

i love this show i’m watching s4 e5 right now it has the clasic line vista were going to die

20. Tim says:

It is a shame but its always good for a writer to realise when something is good and leave on a high with the audience wanting more. The creator, Graham Lineham, who also wrote Father Ted, seems to have a good eye for black comedy or comedy in general, and his use of a similie in his quote is too true. He said he did not want the show to be like a zombie, where the show is dead but its body is moving around.

It is better for it to be remembered for something good rather than turning samey and sour. Shows like The Office, Extras and Little Britain, which have had roughly 3 series max, have become iconic modern comedies and im sure you will all agree so too will IT Crowd!

21. The Master of Awesomeness says:

Exactly.

It’s less of an incentive in the US, however, as the more shows the more chance of the show being syndicated and the more chance of major money.

It’s precisely why some shows stay on the air long past their sell by date. I’m glad the UK doesn’t have that so much…yet.

22. Dave says:

The IT Crowd has become one of my favourite series, I’ve had tears from laughing so hard while watching that show – at least they’ll be having a fifth season, which is still something to look forward to.

23. Fanchic says:

I’m so sad to read this might be the latest serie. I love the IT Crowd and I miss the characters already. All I hope is that season 5 will be on TV soon.

24. Nic says:

I agree with Dave, I cried because I laughed so hard countless times. Just when you think It can’t stay funny, they get you in hysterics again. Last season is sad.

25. Maïté says:

Noooo way!! Come on Graham, you owe us fans a few more seasons! This can’t be true, I refuse to believe that this brilliant show will come to an end way too soon :( !

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeee!!!

26. Blain Powers says:

Please do not stop it , I should at least 76 people this show here in the states and they love it !!! I am always getting more fans for you! You have so many fan over here in the states just show it more ! Thank God for Netflix . Please do not stop ! It’s like the BBC version of The Big Bang Theory and I love it!

27. Debbie N USA says:

I am so sad to hear this show will be ending :( I’ve been on pins and needles just waiting for the next season to start …you can’t stop now, I love this show!!!!

28. Chris the burke. says:

I am upset that the show is ending. Such an amazing cast, and such well developed characters. I laugh at the sound of Matt Berry’s voice. I think they could get more than 5 series, but I would rather have the entirety of the show be overall good, instead of a crap ending. Can’t wait to see the 5th one, and hoping it may not be the last. I have quoted this show numerous times in my life, and will continue to do so. I love this show and would continue to watch however many that they decide to make.

29. Erin says:

There needs to be a seasons 5 at LEAST!!! I need closure! :( :( :(

30. Thomas says:

a tragic day coming to find out there will be no more IT Crowd. Been watching all of the seasons but 4 is not nearly enough. why does this always happen to the great shows? a sad man brooklyn, ny :(