empire-of-the-crystal

Want a FREE Breaking Bad T-Shirt?

GeekZenith is giving away 3 entirely awesome Breaking Bad t-shirts! Want one? Then head over to The Great GeekZenith Give Away Page and follow the 3 easy steps to enter.

Sherlock Season 3 Filming Date Announced!

UK TV Show Sherlock Will Air in 2012

BBC’s entirely gripping modernisation of the Sherlock Holmes character has been nothing short of a sensation. Indeed, it’s difficult to remember the last time a British show stood out amongst the crowd in such a way.

After the astounding season 2 finale aired, it was pretty obvious that there would be a third series and this was confirmed within days, if not hours, of the finale to be the case by series co-created Steven Moffat.

Today, news regarding the start of production for season 3 has been circulating and we have confirmation of a date right here…but brace yourselves. It’s good in as far as at least third season production is being thought about but unfortunately it isn’t any time soon.

BBC Exec Beryl Vertue told BBC in-house magazine Ariel today that filming on the show will “begin in early 2013″.

So I guess that means the show won’t hit our screens again until spring/summer 2013! Unbearable!

What do you think of Sherlock? Are you eager to it return? What Sir Arthur Conan Doyle villains do you think series creators will ressurect for the third season? Please let me know in the comment section below!

Before you go…

…check out these awesome Sherlock T-Shirt Designs!

Sherlock Quotes

Sherlock Quotes Sherlock t-shirt

Buy this t-shirt right now for just $27.19 (£16.68)!

Moriarty Quotes

Moriarty Quotes Sherlock T-Shirt

Buy this t-shirt right now for just $27.19 (£16.68)!

Sherlocked

Sherlocked Sherlock T-Shirt

Buy this t-shirt right now for just $28.33 (£17.38)!

In A Crown

In A Crown Sherlock T-Shirt

Buy this t-shirt right now for just $24.25 (£14.88)!

A Three Patch Problem

A Three Patch Problem

Buy this t-shirt right now for just $26.06 (£15.99)!

Looking to catch up or own the show on DVD or Blu-Ray? Check out the below options!

For US readers:

For UK readers:

Check out these related posts of interest::

12 Responses to Sherlock Season 3 Filming Date Announced!

1. Dutchgirl says:

Ah well. I do hope they have the entire cast and are able to re-create the feeling of the show.

2. Steve says:

I don’t think the author of this article understands the production process on a show of this size – an “early 2013″ start certanly doesn’t mean a “spring/summer 2013″ broadcast but more likely Autumn and even then the BBC may want to hold it back for a high-profile seasonal launch like they did with the New Years Day premiere last time. The actual shoot may only last three months but post-production is exstensive and in previous years hasn’t commenced until filming is fully complete (due to pick-up work being done from other episodes).

They may also be hoping that the US series dies a quiet death in the meantime…

3. The Master of Awesomeness says:

Hi Steve,

Fair point and I think your estimate of the air date could potentially be a little closer to the mark. When I wrote the article, I was thinking about season 2 and how quite sooner after production ended the show aired (or in my mind seemed to?) – but I think this was more because of the riots and various other filming delays than probably tricked me.

And of course, I want the show back on the air so badly I was being overly optimistic! :P

Like you say, they may wait until 2014 to actually air, but I can’t think about that right now because I may cry.

4. Steve says:

Shooting on Series 2 ran May to August with broadcast just over four months later which is an incredibly quick turnaround for the BBC these days – the third series of Wallander finished production months ago and still hasn’t been scheduled for broadcast.

There’s no reason it can’t go out in the Autumn but it’s difficult to know how schedulers minds work, especially as the seasonal launch added more than a million viewers to those of the first year.

5. Reena says:

Oh, I simply cannot WAIT for their return! I’m pretty sure we will get to see Colonel Sebastian Moran, too!

6. Judy says:

Damn “Hobbit”! Even though I´m really looking forward to that movie, too. After all it´s one of the reasons for the late date of sherlock 3. And sherlock always comes first! Can´t wait to see the solution for his fake death, I read so many theories about it but none of them seems perfect enough to be the true one. Man, one and a half year left? How shall I take this?

7. Abdul Azim says:

“Blast, another year or so to go, well patience is a virtue and ‘class’ cant be rushed!

8. mark says:

i loved them they are more better then the older one
    and i am dieing to see season 3 cos most times i dont watch the seasons more then 2 times
    but in this i have watched it time and time agean cos its that good

9. gamblr says:

America doesn’t know what we”re missing part of me wants to tell my friends but another doesn’t because they’ll ruin the fan base or not appreciate it as it shud b

10. dhawal says:

i m dhawal,indian………..steven sir , please make more series …and more!! we need to see it and especially make it for fans…we r addicted!!! to see sherlock holmes series

11. Michael says:

The answer is pretty obvious I’m my opinion. The details need to be explained, but obviously it has something to do with the truck that was right in front of the body, then drove away (immediately). And I have a feeling the girl plays a strong part, the one in the lab that briefly dated moriarty.

12. Morteza ataelahi says:

HI, for the love of GOD , plz plz plz!!! release season 3 as soon as possible and plz be awesome like before. REMEMBER: We are all SHERLOCKed…